Hire me to convert your Serendipity CMS (s9y) powered website or blog to WordPress. As part of the conversion process the following parts of your s9y blog will be imported into a brand new WordPress installation:
- Entries (blog posts)
- Pages created using the Serendipity static pages plugin
- Categories and tags
- Comments (including nesting)
Migrate from the old fashioned Serendipity to the modern and full featured WordPress. Enjoy WordPress features like:
- Excellent administration interface that makes writing fun
- Lots of quality free themes and plugins
- Out of the box support for image galleries
Migrating from Serendipity to WordPress is easy with my help. Please contact me for more information. Be sure to include the address of your Serendipity site!
Please answer the questions below to get an estimate of how much it will cost to convert your website from Serendipity CMS to WordPress.
Please click on the “Price Estimate” tab above to see an estimate. You can also contact me via the main contact form and tell me about your site.
What version of WordPress will you migrate to?
The latest version of course! Right now that is 4.3.1.
Do I install WordPress or do you?
I will do the WP installation. This migration service requires a fresh WP installation.
If you’ve already installed WordPress I will have to delete all the database tables and start anew. This means that any content such as posts, pages and comments will be deleted prior to the migration.
What kind of access do you need to migrate my site to WordPress?
Ideally, you would give me access to the hosting control panel (for example: cPanel). In this scenario no further action will be required on your part.
However, if you are unwilling to provide that level of access, I can usually work with FTP access and PHPMyAdmin access to the databases, but I may need your help with certain tasks.
For an added fee I can also convert a site on the basis of an s9y database dump only with no access to the hosting server at all. But, of course, in such a situation you will have to setup the WordPress site yourself.
Will my site’s links change?
- If you are using search engine friendly URLs like http://example.com/archives/1234-my-blog-post.html then the post and category permalinks can remain the same.
- Otherwise if your URLs look like http://example.com/index.php?/archives/1234-my-blog-post.html then they will change, but I will setup search engine and human friendly 301 redirects for post and category permalinks.
I want to change the permalink structure. Can you setup redirects?
I setup redirects for post permalinks, so you can customize the WordPress permalinks using all the options that WordPress offers. Redirects for category permalinks may also be possible.
I have a question that is not answered here.
Please send me a message. Be sure to include a link to your site!